|This course is designed for the more advanced student interested in furthering their knowledge and skills in fashion and textiles. Students will explore natural and man-made fibers and continue to develop their sewing skills. Sewing techniques and skills are refined through the construction of at least two garments. More challenging patterns are selected for construction and specific details are required to be included in the garments. Students will pick their projects to be constructed.
1. The student will investigate textile and fabric construction.
2. The student will know and use technical vocabulary while interpreting charts and drawings found on patterns.
3. The student will demonstrate appropriate use of equipment and safety procedures.
4. The student will demonstrate the ability to read, interpret, and follow step-by-step procedures on a more advanced pattern or fabric while completing a fabric construction project.
5. The student will use a technical manual to apply information from technical reading to operate, maintain, or repair a sewing machine or serger.
CLOTHING II: Textbook Clothing, Fashion, Fabrics & Construction by Weber
We will cover the following chapters in this textbook:
Chapter 11 Textile Fibers
Chapter 12 Fabric Construction
Chapter 13 Fabric Finishes
Sewing and Serging Handbook Section
**The following will be covered for those patterns that include the following:
Lesson 8 Adjusting a Pattern
Lesson 15 Making Darts
Lesson 16 Gathering and Easing Fabric
Lesson 18 Applying Facings
Lesson 19 Making Casings
Lesson 20 Applying Fasteners
Lesson 21 Putting in Zippers
Lesson 24 Sewing Special Seams
Lesson 25 Making Tucks and Pleats
Lesson 26 Applying Interfacings
Lesson 27 Putting in Linings
Lesson 28 Sewing Collars
Lesson 29 Sewing Sleeves
Lesson 30 Sewing Cuffs
Lesson 31 Sewing Pockets
Lesson 32 Finishing Waistlines
Lesson 33 Applying Bias Bindings
Lesson 34 Adding Ruffles
Lesson 35 Adding Trims
A 95-100 B- 83-85 D+ 71-73
A- 92-94 C+ 80-82 D 68-70
B+ 89-91 C 77-79 D- 65-67
B 86-88 C- 74-76 F 64 and below