|Click here for a current syllabus and an archive.|
|This course will include equipment demonstrations, popular foods and diets, recipe card project, preparation of hors doeuvres, soups, sauces, casseroles, wild game, garnishing, cake decorating and various specialty foods. Careers in the food industry are also discussed.
1. The student will explore career opportunities in the food industry.
2. The student will understand and practice kitchen and food safety.
6. The student will be able to read, understand and prepare a recipe.
7. The student will be able to work cooperatively in a kitchen group.
5. The student will demonstrate the proper use of kitchen equipment.
6. The student will research popular foods and diets.
7. The student will prepare a recipe card box and fill it with a variety of recipes.
FOODS II Textbook: Guide to Good Food
Chapters covered in this book:
Chapter 6 Career Opportunities
Chapter 20 Salads, Casseroles, and Soups
Chapter 24 Parties, Picnics, and Dining Out
Chapter 25 Preserving Foods
Other items covered that are not in the book:
Popular Foods and Diets
Recipe Card Project
A 95-100 B- 83-85 D+ 71-73
A- 92-94 C+ 80-82 D 68-70
B+ 89-91 C 77-79 D- 65-67
B 86-88 C- 74-76 F 64 and below